Last updated on January 6th, 2020.
2443605 Ontario Inc. (d.b.a. Real Vapour Stores Niagara and RVSN), and each of our affiliates and subsidiaries (“RVSN”, “we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting the privacy and personal information (defined below) of customers and users of our Site (defined below) (collectively, “you”, “your”).
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Site (or, if applicable, not to otherwise provide your information). By accessing or using our Site, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent to the practices described in this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time, as further described in the “Changes to our policy” section below. Your continued use of our Site after we make changes indicates that you accept and consent to those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates. We will however notify you in advance of any material changes to this Policy and obtain your consent to any new ways that we collect, use and disclose your personal information. This Policy was last updated on March 23, 2020
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product. We will explain the impact to you at the relevant time to help with your decision.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, including information that can be used alone or with other information to identify, contact or locate a single person. This Policy applies to information we collect, use or disclose about you, as follows:
• On www.realvapourstoresniagara.ca
• In e-mail, text and other electronic messages with you (together with the above, the “Site”); and
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
• Personal information, such as your (or the recipient of a gift’s) name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP address), user name or other similar identifier, and billing and account information, including debit and credit card information;
• Non-personal information (i.e. information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity), such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. This information may sometimes be derived from personal information;
• Technical information, such as your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details; and
• Non-personal details about your interactions with the Site, such as clickstream to/through/from our Site (including dates and times), products you view or search for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from page(s), and any phone number(s) used to contact us.
How do we use your information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present the Site and its contents to you, and permit you to use our Site and any of its features;
• To administer contests, promotions and sweepstakes in compliance with all applicable laws;
• To provide you with information about products that you may wish to purchase from us;
• To enable you to purchase products from us, including as a gift (in which case, we will only use information about the recipient to complete the applicable gift purchase);
• To enable you to register for an account through the Site, and to provide you with notices about your account;
• To fulfill any purpose for which you have provided information that has been described to you at the time of collection, or for any other purpose with your prior consent;
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, or to comply with legal requirements;
• To notify you about changes to our Site or any products we offer or provide through it;
• To improve our Site, products, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences, including personalizing your Site experience by delivering the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested; and
• To respond to your customer service request(s) and to administer/respond to surveys and marketing communications (with appropriate consent).
Please note that by submitting your credit card and/or debit card information through the Site, you expressly consent to the sharing of this information with our Payment Partner (as defined in the Terms). Our Payment Partner will collect, store, and process your credit card, debit card and other payment information on our behalf using industry-standard security measures. We do not store any payment, debit and/or credit information, however our Payment Partner may store such information. We assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever with respect to such information in the event of a breach of confidentiality or security.
We may also use the information we have collected to enable us to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertisements we display to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and other users concerning products that may be of interest to you. If you have opted-in to receive them, we may send you periodic e-mail communications. If you would no longer like to receive all or part of these communications, you may always opt-out by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mail communications or e-mail communications sent on our behalf, by adjusting your user preferences through your account on our Site, by checking or unchecking (depending on the circumstances) the relevant box located on the form where we collect the information at issue, or by e-mailing us at email@example.com. If you have not opted-in, you will not receive the applicable communications.
How do we collect information about you?
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
• Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us, in connection with the purposes described above under the section “How do we use your information”;
• Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies. For more information, please see the section below entitled “Information we collect through cookies and other automatic data collection technologies”; and
• Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
You may also provide information for us to publish or display on public Site areas or transmit to other Site users or third parties.
Information we collect through cookies and other automatic data collection technologies
• Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs/log data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site (for example, to remember what is in your shopping cart); and
• Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties (always in accordance with this Policy). It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests;
• Speed up your searches; and
• Recognize you when you return to our Site.
You can opt-out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. You can also access this website to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. If you wish to learn more about the specific tools we use, please contact us at realvapourstoresniagara.ca.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction but always in compliance with applicable laws. We may however disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as follows:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• In accordance with applicable laws, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information we hold about our customers and users is among the assets transferred;
• To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others, though we do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers. We may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 400 men between 25 and 35 have clicked on their advertisement on a specific day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers target a specific audience (for example, men in a specific location). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertisers’ advertisement to that target audience;
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Site improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy; and
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information and obtain your prior consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable laws;
• To enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others.
Transferring your personal information
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Site improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this Policy and applicable Canadian privacy laws.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Site, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all the information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable laws, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
To change or delete any of your personal information, you may log into your account on our Site and edit or remove information about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an e-mail at realvapourstoresniagara.ca to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We reserve the right to charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable laws may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Compliance Officer, at realvapourstoresniagara.ca.
If you delete your User Submissions from the Site, copies of your User Submissions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Site users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site, including User Submissions, is governed by our Terms.
Age of consent
By using this Site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority required to purchase tobacco, nicotine and/or related products in your province of residence. No one under such age of majority in his or her province of residence may use the Site, or provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under such age of majority in his or her province of residence. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under such age of majority in his or her province of residence, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under such age of majority in his or her province of residence, please contact us at realvapourstoresniagara.ca.
Changes to this Policy
We will post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by e-mail to the e-mail address specified in your account and through a notice on our home page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active, and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Site and this Policy to check for any changes.
Contact information and challenging compliance
We welcome your questions, comments, and requests regarding this Policy and our privacy practices. Please contact us at:
Privacy Compliance Officer
213 King Street, Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada L3K4G6
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, and our compliance with this Policy and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this Policy please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer using the contact information listed above.